Did you know that CbusFoodBloggers consists of over 50 different bloggers/instagrammers? Some of us you may already
stalk follow, and others you haven’t yet had the chance to meet! In an effort to help our readers get to know us and the bloggers behind our group, we conduct monthly interview highlighting one of our members. This month, we have Jamie from Shnazzy Eats!
- How did you become a food blogger? What is the theme of your blog/IG?
In the summer of 2016, I had a two-month internship in Israel. To take advantage of living in a new city, I wanted to try all of its restaurants. When I arrived, I immediately created a list of restaurants to try and I never minded eating alone if it meant trying somewhere new! So many dishes were so beautiful and I wanted to remember where I got them from~ thus, I created @shnazzyeats! I stopped using it for a time after Israel, but recently brought it back. Trying new restaurants is my passion, and I am so happy to showcase so many awesome places on @shnazzyeats. Wherever I eat, I will post, so @shnazzyeats is just all different kinds of foods and desserts!
- What is your favorite thing to cook for yourself or others?
I’m not a such a chef, but will gladly eat. If I could cook well, I would make zucchini noodles with shrimp and parmesan cheese!
- What makes the Columbus food scene great? Or what would you change?
There are so many diverse places in Columbus that offer so many different things. Whatever I am in the mood for, it is here in Columbus. I think the proximity of all restaurants is great because I love walking to them! Also, I love that the midwest is slightly less expensive! Columbus has amazing happy hours that you have to take advantage of!
- What restaurant(s) is at the top of your “must try” list?
Vine and Forge! It looks delicious!
- What’s (and where) the most memorable meal/dish you had recently?
Last weekend, I went with fellow food blogger @dough_licious to Spagio! I had Gorgonzola Blue Cheese Pasta! It was out of this world! My go-to favorite meal/place is Brie Grilled Cheese at The Pearl.
- Give us the inside scoop — what’s your favorite happy hour, hole in the wall, or hidden gem in Columbus?
Al’s Delicious Popcorn has every popcorn flavor you can imagine! Hit it up before the movies and you’ll be set!
- What is your favorite locally made food product?
Krema Nut Peanut Butter!
- Some of us are not full-time bloggers. If you are not, what is your “real” job?
Full time, I am the Innovation Specialist at Ohio State Hillel, which is the Jewish center on campus. I work with students to create programs and help them grow as leaders.
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself!
My favorite movies are home videos! Who doesn’t love a movie about you and your family!
Thanks Jamie! Be sure to check out her Instagram.
Erin, the Spiffy Cookie