Did you know that CbusFoodBloggers consists of over 50 different bloggers/instagrammers? Some of us you may already
stalk follow, and others you haven’t yet had the chance to meet! In an effort to help our readers get to know us and the bloggers behind our group, we conduct monthly interview highlighting one of our members. This month, we have Becky Hixen from Grilled Cheese and Chardonnay!
- How did you become a food blogger? What is the theme of your blog/IG?
Once my husband and I had our two kids, we wanted to make sure we weren’t giving up one of our most favorite things to do — enjoying the Columbus restaurant scene! We’ve been on a mission to continue enjoying all that our city has to offer — and encouraging others to do the same since this is such a kid-friendly city! Therefore, my blog highlights kid-friendly restaurants throughout Columbus!
- What is your favorite thing to cook for yourself or others?
Well, I don’t do much of the cooking in our house (haha) — but my husband loves to cook! I’d have to give him the credit here 🙂 One of my favorite dishes that he makes is grilled sea bass, drizzled with garlic butter. It’s amazing!
- What makes the Columbus food scene great? Or what would you change?
Columbus has so much to offer when it comes to the food scene! Whether you’re enjoying an upscale dish at one of the German Village spots (think Lindey’s or G. Michael’s) or a casual bite at one of the many breweries throughout town, you’re sure to find something you’ll love. There’s also always a new place to try so you’ll never get bored!
- What restaurant(s) is at the top of your “must try” list?
Comune! I’ve heard so many great things about it!
- What’s (and where) the most memorable meal/dish you had recently?
I’d have to name two — the Zuchinni Pronto at Basi Italia and the Vieiras (scallops) at Barcelona.
- Give us the inside scoop — what’s your favorite happy hour, hole in the wall, or hidden gem in Columbus?
We love the Hills Market in Worthington! In the summer, they have great happy hours on their patio, including a special theme for almost every day of the week (food trucks on Tuesdays, beers & brats on Thursdays, etc.)
- What is your favorite locally made food product?
Jeni’s Ice Cream!
- Some of us are not full-time bloggers. If you are not, what is your “real” job?
I am the Director of Student & Young Professional Initiatives for The Ohio Society of CPAs. I also oversee our Women’s Initiatives program, connecting women in business throughout Ohio!
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself!
I love to run! I’ve completed 5 half marathons and hope to run a full marathon some day!
Erin, the Spiffy Cookie