Did you know that CbusFoodBloggers consists of over 50 different bloggers/instagrammers? Some of us you may already
stalk follow, and others you haven’t yet had the chance to meet! In an effort to help our readers get to know us and the bloggers behind our group, we conduct monthly interview highlighting one of our members. This month, we have Vicki Zhang and Rachel Flenner from 2 Hangry Chicks!
- How did you become a food blogger? What is the theme of your blog/IG?
We’ve been best friends for a long time due to our mutual obsession with food. We agreed that there were so many places in Columbus that we had yet to try and wanted to document our food journey through the city. The best way to describe our IG’s theme is “friendship over shared plates”.
- What is your favorite thing to cook for yourself or others?
Rachel’s the baker, with a passion for making macarons and working on perfecting her bundt cakes. Vicki’s the cook – I make a mean mac and cheese every year for Friendsgiving lol.
- What makes the Columbus food scene great? Or what would you change?
It’s ever-changing. There’s always something new to try and your options are certainly not limited. The city’s bursting with different cultural/ethnic flavors and people should definitely go out there and discover/take advantage of it.
- What restaurant(s) is at the top of your “must try” list?
Momo Ghar, Tensuke Express, and The Eagle.
- What’s (and where) the most memorable meal/dish you had recently?
Have you had the Aloo Momos from Momo Ghar? Absolute fave – it’s the perfect comfort food for Fall.
- Give us the inside scoop — what’s your favorite happy hour, hole in the wall, or hidden gem in Columbus?
LOS GALAPAGOS. It’ll be hard to find – but trust us – it is a true gem. Legit Ecuadorian comfort food is awaiting you.
- What is your favorite locally made food product?
Hands down, honey. You can always catch us trying the honey samples at any Farmer’s Market.
- Some of us are not full-time food bloggers. If you are not, what is your “real” job?
Rachel’s a Marketing Manager at Columbus Children’s Theatre. Vicki’s a Client Services Manager at Robert Half. So exciting, we know lol.
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself!
We’ve been best friends since the sixth grade and haven’t killed each other yet!
Thanks Vicki and Rachel! Be sure to follow them on Instagram.
Erin, the Spiffy Cookie