Did you know that CbusFoodBloggers consists of over 50 different bloggers/instagrammers? Some of us you may already
stalk follow, and others you haven’t yet had the chance to meet! In an effort to help our readers get to know us and the bloggers behind our group, we conduct monthly interview highlighting one of our members. This month, we have Robin Corsey from CBUS Local Love!
- How did you become a food blogger? What is the theme of your blog/IG?
No joke – I lost a bet I made with my sister. Absolutely the best L I’ve ever taken because it forced me out my comfort zone. I’m very grateful to her for that. I hate being pigeonholed into a theme but if I’m forced to pick one it would be focusing on the local community in Columbus and creating awareness of all it offers by chronicling my adventures in the city.
- What is your favorite thing to cook for yourself or others?
I don’t have many favorites. I do enjoy flavors of the moment. Right now I’m slaying the egg game.
- What makes the Columbus food scene great? Or what would you change?
We have a welcoming community that embraces diversity. That means quirky food places have a fighting chance to make it that would tank in other communities. We also have a wonderful immigrant community that is serving up really delicious entrees and such. The palate is never dull with the type of options Columbus offers.
- What restaurant(s) is at the top of your “must try” list?
Easy – Herb’n Cafe. The chef is a mad genius and kinda crazy but I adore his creations.
- What’s (and where) the most memorable meal/dish you had recently?
ACCCCK!! This is such a hard question. I’m going to go with the burger at Three Sheets on High created by Ambrose & Eve. It gave me a new purpose for life and a pep in my step! I raved about nonstop for like 3 weeks.
- Give us the inside scoop — what’s your favorite happy hour, hole in the wall, or hidden gem in Columbus?
Favorite Happy Hour – Soooo, happy hour was my favorite thing in the world but I’ve not really been to one in ages. Does that make me old?
Favorite Hole In The Wall – Three Sheets Pop-Up of Ambrose and Eve – wait they have a rad happy hour. Can I use them for both questions?
Favorite Hidden Gem – El Burrito Loco on the east side is slam worthy.
- What is your favorite locally made food product?
Without question OH!Chips. Brian is the potato whisperer.
- Some of us are not full-time food bloggers. If you are not, what is your “real” job?
My real job is harder to describe than my blog theme. I dabble in marketing and swim in operational prowess. Make sense? Exactly.
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself!
I am from the grand ole desert of New Mexico.
Erin, the Spiffy Cookie