Did you know that CbusFoodBloggers consists of over 50 different bloggers/instagrammers? Some of us you may already
stalk follow, and others you haven’t yet had the chance to meet! In an effort to help our readers get to know us and the bloggers behind our group, we conduct monthly interview highlighting one of our members. This month, we have Alina Antonyuk from Tasting Columbus!
- How did you become a food blogger? What is the theme of your blog/IG?
I grew up Columbus and I love how much it has grown over the years, especially the food scene. My friends and I love trying new local food places, and I love taking pictures of everything. As we started trying more places, I wanted a place to collect all my food photos, and that’s when I started @tastingcolumbus. Although I do not have a theme, I typically try to post photos from local restaurants.
- What is your favorite thing to cook for yourself or others?
I love making easy food that tastes delicious, especially appetizers. For friendsgiving, I made bacon wrapped asparagus with a brown sugar glaze, and it was AMAZING. I also love having my non-Ukrainians friends try my favorite Ukrainian foods!
- What makes the Columbus food scene great? Or what would you change?
I love how there are so many food options to choose from in Columbus, even for the pickiest eaters. There are not only amazing restaurants, but awesome food trucks!! There is also an entire community dedicated to sharing the best food in Columbus. I would love to see a restaurant dedicated to serving Ukrainian/Russian food, since that is my background.
- What restaurant(s) is at the top of your “must try” list?
I have been wanting to try the Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Rockmill Tavern for months!
- What’s (and where) the most memorable meal/dish you had recently?
I tried Momo Ghar for the first time and was blown away! The dumplings were packed with flavor. I would highly recommend Momo Ghar to anyone looking for an amazing food experience.
- Give us the inside scoop — what’s your favorite happy hour, hole in the wall, or hidden gem in Columbus?
Favorite happy hour is Forno. Can’t beat ½ APPS and PIZZA and DRINKS!
- What is your favorite locally made food product?
Obsessed with Snowville Creamery milk in my lattes.
- Some of us are not full-time food bloggers. If you are not, what is your “real” job?
I am a Quality Outreach Coordinator for Partners for Kids at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself!
I am the oldest grandchild of 42. Yep you read that right. Born and raised in a huge family.
Erin, the Spiffy Cookie