Did you know that CbusFoodBloggers consists of over 50 different bloggers/instagrammers? Some of us you may already
stalk follow, and others you haven’t yet had the chance to meet! In an effort to help our readers get to know us and the bloggers behind our group, we conduct monthly interview highlighting one of our members. This month, we have Megan Foster from Food for Foster!
- How did you become a food blogger? What is the theme of your blog/IG?
I have always had a passion for photography and for food. In high school I was the yearbook photo editor and growing up I always liked trying new foods and restaurants. When I first combined these two passions, on Instagram, it was kind of a joke…
For two months I was working in Calgary, Alberta and everyday after work I would go out to dinner to and try new dishes. Every night I snapchatted my meals and my friends and family thought I was just there to eat. One of my friends jokingly said I should start Instagramming my meals with the hashtag “Calgary Food Tour”. She was kidding but I starting taking pictures and posting them. I found I had an eye for taking pictures of my food plus I really enjoyed it. I liked it so much, when my assignment in Canada concluded, I kept taking pictures here in Columbus.
The theme of my IG is Columbus cuisine with a sprinkle of travel and dash of friendship. 🙂
- What is your favorite thing to cook for yourself or others?
My favorite thing to cook for others and myself is chicken. Its healthy (most of the time…), its easy, and the possibilities are endless.
- What makes the Columbus food scene great? Or what would you change?
Diversity. If you want it, Columbus has it, and its good!
- What restaurant(s) is at the top of your “must try” list?
Guild House, Cap City, Pat & Gracie’s, Condado & Paulie Gee’s.
- What’s (and where) the most memorable meal/dish you had recently?
The southwest bowl from the Kinetic food truck at the Columbus Food Truck Festival! It blew Chipotle out of the water!
- Give us the inside scoop — what’s your favorite happy hour, hole in the wall, or hidden gem in Columbus?
Favorite Happy Hours: Watershed Kitchen & Bar in Grandview and The Light of Seven Match Sticks in Clintonville.
- What is your favorite locally made food product?
Beer & Wine 🙂 – The list is too long to list them all, right?
- Some of us are not full-time food bloggers. If you are not, what is your “real” job?
I am a Senior Human Resource Representative for DHL Supply Chain.
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself!
Usually my fun fact is I’m a food blogger so since you already know that I guess a fun fact about myself is that I played water polo is college. I’ll be playing on the Master’s team at the OSU Tournament this November.
Erin, the Spiffy Cookie